Tuesday, January 8, 2013

WHAT?? JAN 7TH??

By my title you can tell I am SHOCKED that it is already Jan 7th!!! Opps sorry to those waiting for an update on the Land of Lenz. Where did December go??? Oh wait I think I kind of remember it....

The beginning of December started out with New furniture for my living room!! I had started to think that after owning our first furniture set for 9 years and only spending like 200 dollars on it. It was time for some new stuff. But looking at what it would cost there was NO WAY the hubs was going to go for it. He can be a frugal man....So I tried to put the bug in his ear, and got the reaction that I expected. So when we went black friday shopping he shocked me when he asked if I wanted to check out this furniture sale at furniture row. SOLD! My man CAN NOT turn down a good deal. They threw in a free 51 inch TV!! SOLD! So the first week of december I worked a loooonnnngg shift at work and came home to NEW furniture!! YIPPPEEE. I of course had to get my christmas decorations up to show case it! :)


Second week of December the start of Basketball season!! :) YEEHAW!! This is my favorite time to be a cheer coach. 1. because I actually kind of understand whats going on in the game. 2. I am not freezing in the bleachers 3. I have more time to spend with my crazy cheerleaders.4. we start putting our competition routine together. I love my girls!! This year I have an amazing group. Many of them Love Jesus and they have no probelm showing it!! Looking forward to the season with them.

Third week of December, bring on the Christmas PARTIES!!!!!! My first one was my work christmas party always a good time with some pretty crazy ladies!! We hosted our small groups christmas party. Complete with ugly christmas sweaters, fun games, good food and great friends what a blast it was!! And then the next night I had 23!!! yes 23!!! teenagers in my home for the youth group christmas party. With the typical crazy white elephant gift exchange! you would not believe what teenagers fight over as a gift. The popular ones this year was a spiderman shirt and zebra slippers?? Good times I tell you and then I ended it with another christmas party with my cheerleaders. Thankfully I did not have to plan that one.
Next was Luke and I's 9 year anniversary!! 9 YEARS people!! I can't believe it. Where did the time go. A dear friend of mine offered to watch Ashton ALL day for us with one stipulation, we had to spend the ENTIRE day together so no running errands etc. So we dropped Ashton off and then Luke drove me to my favorite flower shop. There he a  beautiful arrangement waiting for me!! We then went christmas shopping for Ashton. Luke bought me a dress and earrings to wear on Christmas. We then grabbed lunch at the brick house. Did some decor shopping picked out our future dinning room table and decided to take advantage of our nice quite house and picked up dinner and rented a movie!! It was so relaxing and such an awesome day!
 
CHRISTMAS!!
We had all of my family over after the christmas eve service and opened gifts with my nephews and nieces. Ate WAY TOO much food and enjoyed a Christmas Story. The next morning we let Ashton open his christmas stocking and then we bundled up and headed over to my parents house to open up more gifts and enjoy a good ham dinner. It was such a relaxing day!
 
 
Other awesome highlights this last month.
 
Ashton started crawling and is now FAST at it!
Ashton went sledding for the first time
Ashton got to go in the indoor play park at the rec center
Ashton is a MAMA's boy
Ashton discovered his love of pork sausage and bacon
Ashton Now has THREE teeth!! He looks like a deranged hamster :)
 
* I meant to put more photos up but I am having technical difficulties. So instead here is one super cute photo to make up for the others not posted.*
Much love to you all!!!

1 comment:

  1. Deranged Hampster... No Way! Cute Monkey... Yes.

    I will vouch for his super fast crawling. Love the update!

    ReplyDelete